July 2017 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Uyghur Student in Cairo Narrowly Avoids Arrest by Chinese, Egyptian Agents July 25, 2017Meanwhile, nearly 100 Uyghurs are being held by Egypt’s national intelligence service.
- Vietnam Land, Labor Activist Handed Nine-Year Prison Term July 25, 2017Tran Thi Nga is sentenced for conducting 'propaganda against the state' under a law widely used to silence dissent.
- Dissidents Voice Fears That China Will Use Interpol to Come After Peaceful Critics July 25, 2017The new president of Interpol is a vice minister of public security in China, which is increasingly pursuing 'suspects' overseas.
- Cambodia’s Health Ministry Cautions Public About Latest ‘Bird Flu’ Strain July 25, 2017Infections caused by the newer H7N9 virus, a subgroup of H5N1, are on the rise and difficult to treat, a health ministry official says.
- Uyghur Student in Cairo Narrowly Avoids Arrest by Chinese, Egyptian Agents July 25, 2017
- ADA supports new IHS credentialing system legislation July 25, 2017The ADA supports the medical credentialing system provision of the Restoring Accountability in the Indian Health Service Act of 2017, ADA President-elect Joseph P. Crowley July 20 told the Western Caucus Foundation.
- To combat opioid crisis, Missouri governor creates prescription drug monitoring program July 21, 2017Through an executive order Gov. Eric Greitens of Missouri directed the state’s Department of Health and Senior Services to create a prescription drug monitoring program.
- FTC bans business from selling OSHA regulatory posters July 21, 2017Washington, D.C. — The Federal Trade Commission announced July 14 that a court order has banned a Florida operation from selling the posters of or misrepresenting itself as an affiliate of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The company was accused of deceiving small businesses into paying for government-required regulatory posters, which are available at […]
- ADA supports new IHS credentialing system legislation July 25, 2017
- The Integrated Body with Timothy Agnew July 19, 2017Earn 18+ CE credits at the AMTA 2017 National Convention, September 14-16 in Pasadena, California! Rest assured knowing that AMTA continuing education is rigorously vetted, NCBTMB-approved and submitted for state approval. Timothy Agnew will demonstrate exercises focused on connecting the body in his session "The Integrated Body" on September 15. The Integrated Body (Hands-on) Friday, September 15, 1:30 […]
- New CE! Massage & Diabetes July 17, 2017When working with clients with diabetes, massage therapists need an understanding of the condition, how clients can benefit and potential complications. Explore AMTA's newest online CE designed to give you an understanding of how to work with massage clients with diabetes, as well as a workshop on the topic of massage and diabetes at the AMTA […]
- 3 Ways Massage Therapists Can Avoid Burnout July 13, 2017The physical and emotional demands of being a massage therapist can sometimes be overwhelming, resulting in burnout. Burnout symptoms can include fatigue, diminishing joy, loss of confidence or injury. A recent American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA) survey indicates that 65 percent of massage therapists are practicing in some level of pain. And massage therapists—like many wellness professionals—often put the needs of […]
- The Integrated Body with Timothy Agnew July 19, 2017