May 2017 M T W T F S S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- China Formally Arrests Taiwan Activist Lee Ming-cheh on Subversion Charges May 26, 2017Taiwan criticizes vague charges and lack of evidence amid concerns after a string of forced confessions and torture of recent high-profile detainees in China.
- Ethnic Militias Meet With Aung San Suu Key to Present Changes to Cease-fire Agreement May 26, 2017Representatives from seven ethnic armed organizations give her a book outlining their political stance.
- North Korea Takes Aim at Citizens' Cell-Phone Links to South Korea May 26, 2017But authorities fail to curb North Koreans' growing use of cell phones to keep in touch with relatives in the South.
- Riot Police Beat, Detain Eviction Protesters in China's Sichuan May 26, 2017Protesters say new housing provided as part of a relocation package agreed upon after their evictions is cracking and falling apart.
- China Formally Arrests Taiwan Activist Lee Ming-cheh on Subversion Charges May 26, 2017
- ‘Extraordinarily gifted’ Dr. Patricia Blanton recipient of Distinguished Service Award May 26, 2017Charleston, S.C. — Dr. Patricia L. Blanton said being a woman in dentistry has never exposed her to prejudice or biases.Rather, she has seen what she called “the pervasive bigotry of low expectations,” and encourages all her students to do the best they can and surpass those expectations.Surpassing expectations has defined Dr. Blanton’s life, and […]
- Washington state enacts legislation to protect patient-dentist relationship May 26, 2017A new law in Washington confirms dentists' rights to contract with third parties for business support and reaffirms existing state law that prohibits unlicensed persons and non-professional entities from interfering with a licensed dentist's independent judgment on patient care.
- Comments sought on proposed change in calculating CE time, credits May 26, 2017The Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition is seeking comments through July 21 on a proposal to reduce the minimum length of CE courses and the increments in which how CE credits are awarded under the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program.
- ‘Extraordinarily gifted’ Dr. Patricia Blanton recipient of Distinguished Service Award May 26, 2017
- Take Massage & Arthritis CE for Free this Weekend! May 26, 2017Learn massage therapy approaches for arthritis & earn NCBTMB-approved CE credits for free through May 29 This weekend only, AMTA is offering our online continuing education course Massage Therapy for Osteoarthritis free of charge to all massage therapists! Register by Monday, May 29 to receive this free 2 CE credit course. Rest assured knowing that AMTA is an NCBTMB-approved provider and has […]
- Wishing You a Peaceful Memorial Day Weekend May 26, 2017We wish our members a safe and peaceful Memorial Day weekend! AMTA's office is closed after 3 p.m. CST on Friday, May 26 and all day Monday, May 29 in observance of Memorial Day. Normal business hours will resume Tuesday, May 30. Make the most of your holiday weekend Learn a new skill. Browse over 50 […]
- Give the Gift of Massage for Father's Day May 23, 2017Dad Deserves the Best Father's Day is coming up on June 18. Contribute to Dad's health and wellness with the gift of massage therapy! Research indicates massage therapy can help: Reduce stress Manage low-back pain, headaches, arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome Contribute to a healthy heart Improve quality of life in aging adults Decrease muscle stiffness and fatigue after exercise Find a […]
- Take Massage & Arthritis CE for Free this Weekend! May 26, 2017